Who are we?
Team of Nigerians, Chinese and Indian with living and studing experience in Calgary, customer service and background in petroleum engineering.
What are we offering?
IConnect: A website for students from Nigeria, India and China to get information, settle down, connect and find opportunities in Calgary.
Who are we offering it to?
Initially we focus on students from Nigeria, India and China (around 700) who are new to the UofC and have no relatives or friends. We then plan on expanding our borders to newcomers of the city.
Why does that person care?
The preson wishes to have someone guiding him through everything so that he his aware that he is doing the right thing.
We can interact with the university on their behalf.
Our distinctive competencies
- Connect with a few travel agents in home countries.
Using WIX to make a prototype
- Experienced experts to design our website
- Offering personal communication with seasoned personels
- Designers understand new comers’ confusing situation.
The substitutes & alternatives
- Social media
- Travel agents
The Key Personas and the Value They See
Key persona: Sharon #International Student
- They care because: Lonely and seek for information (university, bus route, bank card…) to enable them settle quickly.
- Our offering: An intergrated information platform and 1 on 1 help service.
Key persona; Charmina #Local people
- They care because: Want to make new friends; want to help others; earn award points to get present/voucher
- Our promise: all kinds of gifts/vouchers/coupons to redeem
Key persona: International Student Centre/Students association
They care because:We also want to help new students coming to UC, if this website can help those students, we would like to recommend it to our students
Our promise to them: Save times, better lives